As the oldest active literary journal in St. Louis, River Styx is committed to the literary needs of its community. In addition to our journal and reading series, we offer several writing workshops & outreach programs. We design these to bring the joys and educational merits of creative writing to our community.
- Youth Outreach Workshops: literacy and creative writing workshops for children ages 6–18; programming is flexible and can be adapted to fit the needs of different schools and youth groups.
- River Styx Writing Workshops: online creative writing workshops and individual critique services for adults who want to learn more about writing poetry, fiction, and nonfiction.
Workshops for teachers: As interdisciplinary field trips, teachers may come to River Styx’s office and learn about maintaining, funding, and promoting a literary magazine. In these workshops, teachers can read actual submissions to River Styx and discuss which ones they would accept.
If you want to forge connections in a field your students want a career in, contact us today to schedule a workshop.
Want to join us in supporting and growing St. Louis’s literary community? There are many ways you can help:
- Volunteer for one of our programs by donating your time
- Make a donation to support our work
- Attend one of our upcoming events, which includes our River Styx and Hungry Young Poets reading series
- Make a suggestion! We are open to new ideas and new partnerships! We’d love to chat with you about the possibilities.